Sacramento, Calif., (December 8, 2017) – Come join us on Thursday, January 4, 2018 for the 23rd Annual Sacramento Valley Cling Peach Day. The meeting will be 8:30 a.m. – Noon, followed by Lunch: Noon – 12:45 p.m. The meeting will be in the Ag Building Meeting Room, 142 Garden Highway, Yuba City.
The meeting program will be as follows:
- Registration Coffee and Danish, Courtesy of Growers Ag Service
- Welcome, Chill update, intro new Orchard Systems Advisor Janine Hasey, UCCE Farm Advisor, Sutter-Yuba Counties Luke Milliron, UCCE Farm Advisor, Butte County
- Laws and Regs/ Pest Management
- New Regulations for 2018, Chlorpyrifos, schools and other updates
- Jan Kendel, Ag Biologist, Sutter County Agricultural Dept.
- Brown Marmorated Stinkbug update – Emily Symmes, UCCE Area IPM Advisor, Sacramento Valley
- Spring time peach diseases – Temperature and Wetness Requirements Jim Adaskaveg, Plant Pathology, UC Riverside
- Industry Updates – Enhanced Strategies to Promote California Cling Peaches, Sarb Johl & Chris Zanobini, Cling Peach Board
- Peach Breeding Program – Cling Peach New Varieties and Selections, Tom Gradziel, Plant Sciences, UC Davis
- Mechanization – New Approaches to Shake-and-Catch Cling Peach Harvesting, Stavros Vougioukas, Ag Engineering, UC Davis
- Lunch – Mexican lunch provided by California Cling Peach Board
Cooperative Extension Sutter-Yuba Counties ¨ 142A Garden Highway, Yuba City, CA 95991-5512 Office (530) 822-7515 ¨ Fax (530) 673-5368 ¨ http://cesutter.ucanr.edu/
Meeting Sponsored by: University of California Cooperative Extension, Sutter-Yuba Counties
Co-Sponsored by: Sutter County Agricultural Department – PCA and Private Applicator Credit pending- 1 hour (.5 hour of regulations)
CCA Credit pending 2.0 hours.
RSVP to the UCCE Sutter-Yuba office at (530) 822-7515 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, January 2nd if you plan to stay for lunch.