Fresno, Calif., (October 2, 2017) – Marjaree Mason Center will host its 34th Annual Professional Women and Leading Business Awards on Friday, October 13, at 11 a.m., at the Fresno Convention Center, 2233 Venture St., Fresno.
This event pays tribute to 10 women who have served as role models and given back to their communities, all while making strides in their professions. MJR Creative Group will be honored as the Leading Business of the Year for its support of women and women’s issues. This year’s top 10 professional women honorees include:
- Mendy Laval Alkotob, partner at Laval Family Consulting and business instructor at Fresno State
- Angie Barfield, student intervention and prevention coordinator at the Fresno County Office of Education
- DeDe Darnell, interior designer and principal at Darden Architects
- Katherine Flores, director at UCSF Fresno Latino Center for Medical Education and Research
- Linda Gleason, executive director at Fresno Cradle to Career Partnership and founding director at the Children’s Movement Fresno
- Debbie Jacobsen, co-owner at J&L Vineyards
- Catherine Lumsden-Dvorak, MediCare account manager at DiBuduo and DeFendis Insurance Brokers, LLC.
- Karen Musson, managing partner at Gar Tootelian Inc. and CEO at Gar and Esther Tootelian Charitable Foundation
- Diane Phakonekham, executive director at Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Kathryn Phillips, children’s grief support group facilitator at Hinds Hospice
During the awards ceremony, the keynote speaker is two-time Olympic Gold Medalist and former WNBA Sacramento Monarch player, “Mighty” Ruthie Bolton. Ruthie’s personal experience with domestic violence was told in an ESPN documentary last year and has propelled her into the spotlight as an advocate against domestic violence. Ruthie hopes that by sharing her story, it will make others feel empowered to turn their pain into power.
To register for individual tickets or sponsorship, click here. For additional information, contact the Marjaree Mason Center at 559-237-4706 or firstname.lastname@example.org.