UC Stone Fruit Day
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
9:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
Kearney Agricultural Center
9240 S. Riverbend Ave, Parlier, CA
This meeting is free and all are encouraged to attend
- Tour of the 21st Century Peach Orchard Planting, including discussion of rootstock, tree architecture and density, pruning and light management
- Design and management of subsurface drip systems for fruit trees
- Water and nutrient movement in subsurface drip systems
- Tree monitor and remote sensing
- Water management to reduce fruit doubling
- Kevin R. Day, Pomology Advisor, UCCE
- Becky Phene, Pomology Research Associate, UCCE
- Claude Phene, Water Scientist Emeritus, USDA
- Caleb Crawford, Pomology Lab Assistant, UCCEFor further information please contact Kevin R. Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or 559-684-3300.