Fresno, Calif., (July 7, 2017) – FCFB is accepting applications to be part of the 2017-2018 Future Advocates for Agriculture Concerned about Tomorrow (FAACT) Class XV. The deadline to apply is Friday, July 21.
The FAACT leadership development program provides community leaders with a comprehensive education highlighting specific issue areas in agriculture. Both agricultural and non-agricultural, community-minded individuals are encouraged to apply. The eight session topics this past year included:
- Fresno County Agriculture Introduction: Celebrating diversity through the past, present and future
- Cultivating Minds and Ideas: Agricultural education, research and the consumer
- Agricultural Regulation: The good, the bad and the putting you out of business
- Politics and Agriculture: Governments’ roles in the growing of our food
- Water: CVP and Delta
- Labor, Food Safety, Trade & Marketing
- Water: The Kings River System
- Class wrap-up
Beginning on October 2, class participants will meet once-a-month for a day-long seminar to discuss current issues in food and fiber production. Tuition for the program is $550 for Farm Bureau members and $650 for non-members, which will include a FCFB membership for one year. The deadline to apply is July 21. Applications are available at www.fcfb.org. Questions may be directed to FCFB at 559-237-0263 or email@example.com.