Modesto, Calif., (June 22, 2017) – In order to maintain dairy farm inspection and sampling activities, the Department is increasing quarterly inspection fees for dairy farms in State Established Inspection Areas by $0.005 per hundredweight (cwt) according to the maximum volume and rate specified below.
Effective July 1, 2017, the inspection fee for both market milk and manufacturing milk dairy farms is:
- Thirteen and one-half cents ($0.135) per hundredweight (cwt) of the first four hundred eighty two thousand (482,000) pounds (lbs) of milk produced during each quarter-year period (maximum $650.70 per quarter) or a minimum of $250 per quarter, whichever is greater.
- The new rate amounts to a maximum increase of an additional $24.10 per quarter, or approximately $8.03 per month, for a dairy farm producing 482,000 lbs. or more of milk each quarter-year period.
Fees collected at the new rate during the quarter-year period of July 1 to September 30, 2017 will be due and payable October 1, 2017.
Questions regarding collection procedures may be directed to me at (916) 900-5008 or to our closest Regional Office at the numbers below:
- Fresno Regional Office: Phone – (559) 445-5506, Fax – (559) 445-5509
- Oakland Regional Office: Phone – (510) 622-4810, Fax – (510) 622-4808
- Ontario Regional Office: Phone – (909) 923-9929, Fax – (909) 429-1288
- Stockton Regional Office: Phone – (209) 466-7186, Fax – (209) 466-1738