Yuba City, Calif., (April 24, 2017) – Looks like a decent to good prune crop in the Yuba City area. With pit hardening started already, it will soon be reference date and time to count fruit and decide if shaker thinning is needed.
A prune grower field meeting, sponsored by UCCE and Sunsweet Growers, Inc., will be held on Friday morning, April 28 in the Yuba City area. Exact time and location will be announced on Monday or Tuesday (April 24-25).
- Review the advantages of cropload evaluation (fruit counting) and thinning, where thinning is needed.
- Demonstrate the process of counting fruit per tree and deciding if thinning is needed.
- The meeting will last about 2 hours.
- No PCA CE hours will be available.
- CCA Crop Management CE hours will be requested.
Hope to see you there!