Santa Rosa, Calif., (March 13, 2017) – This year the Farm Bureau Foundation will award more than $110,000 in scholarships to Sonoma County students pursuing higher education at a four year college, junior college or vocational school within an agricultural related field.
Last year, the Farm Bureau Foundation of Sonoma County Awarded scholarships to 40 Sonoma County students. All of the recipients were outstanding students excelling in academics, leadership and community service achievements.
To qualify, students must be a graduating high school senior, Santa Rosa Junior College student, or continuing four year college students. Scholarships are only available to undergraduate students. Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 and be pursuing education in an agricultural related field.
Applications will be available online at www.sonomafb.org. Applications should be typed and then printed and mailed with letters of recommendation and school transcripts by the deadline. Applications are due by 5 p.m. April 7, 2017 to the Sonoma County Farm Bureau office. Please mail or hand deliver completed applications to 3589 Westwind Blvd, Santa Rosa, CA, 95403.
- All of the scholarships are available to graduating high school seniors, Santa Rosa Junior College students or continuing four-year college students who have or will have a major in Agriculture or an Agriculture-related field.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 is required for all scholarship applicants.
- Farm Bureau Foundation Scholarships are only available to undergraduate students.
- An additional essay, specific major or number of registered units may be required depending on the scholarship.
How to Apply:
- There is one common application for all scholarships administered by the Farm Bureau Foundation of Sonoma County.
- Applications must be typed, printed and signed.
- A check list of the additional application materials for a complete application is included.
- All completed applications must be received or postmarked by the
- deadline of 5 p.m. April 7, 2017.
- Mail or hand deliver completed application and required documents to: Sonoma County Farm Bureau, 3589 Westwind Blvd., Santa Rosa, California, 95403.
- Applications will be screened to select the finalists for interviews with the Farm Bureau Foundation’s scholarship selection committee.
- ALL finalists must participate in a mandatory oral interview on one of the pre scheduled days: Thursday, May 4 or Friday, May 5.
- An additional interview day may be scheduled depending upon number of finalists.
- Finalists for the Kunde Scholarship will have an additional interview with members of the Kunde family.
Proof of enrollment and a copy of the “thank you” letter to the scholarship donor are required before a check will be issued to scholarship recipients.